First thing first, I am not really a morning person and even if I really wanted to wake up and post before 9:26 ( UK time) I couldn’t do it. But the good thing is that all day I’ve read so many interesting things about Pi that I wanted to share them with you. In case you don’t know today (14th March) at 9:26 is an important (more for fun things) to celebrate the constant Pi. All around the internet people have posted so many interesting things and funny parts. I will share just a small amount of them.
- by IBMblr a nice video about Pi. You can also find it on Instagram. It shows a representation of Pi just using the number 2.
- a food blog Foodffs posted this fun image:
- from Visualizingmath I found this article: Pi in Pop Culture (take a look it is really funny and interesting at the same time).
- the blog TheFullerView posted this photo:
- Tjcapalla posted this so nice photo (so awesome):
- And from Curiosa Mathematica some photos of Pi/Pies:
Now some websites/articles (old or new) about Pi:
- Pi Day 2015: A sweet treat for maths fans
- Why Pi matters?
- Are the digits of Pi random?
- Is Pi a constant in Non-Euclidean Geometry? ask Dr. Math
- Is it possible to count in base Pi?
- The infinite life of Pi – TEDed
- How I wish I could celebrate Pi
And from Facebook (obviously ^_^ ) :
Now after I have posted so many things about Pi (and believe me I didn’t post much) I have some questions ^_^ I believe that Pi is one of the most used mathematical constant outside maths. There are so many objects that have a picture of it printed, or some digits of it, or the sign we use. And people love it. Do you think this is a good thing? Or is it just marketing? Do you think we should make such a big fuss about it or not? I am waiting for your opinions in the comment box below ^_^
And before I go eat some pie ^_^ here is a big ‘Happy Birthday!!!’ for Albert Einstein ^_^