Hi, everyone! I thought it would be a good idea to do the March Favorites after all (This Week). So, with no further comment lets start the favorites list:
1. Favorite quote(s): I have 2 quotes this month and they problem represent my feelings this month. The first quote was perfect for the 1st part of this month, when I had a lot of things prepared for you all ( 8 March – International Women’s Day, Pi Day – event). They were really fun to make and your cooperation was incredible, thank you. The 2nd quote is for the 2nd part of the month, when things didn’t went quite good and I wished for a while that all my problems were just my maths problems from school or from books. Hope you had a great month ^_^
2. Favorite video: I have a lot of Pi related videos that I like. For me this month was a lot about this number so you will see a lot of it in this post, in case you want to see more Pi related videos: Song from Pi and all the Pi playlist from Numberphile. Enjoy ^_^
3. Favorite Number: No more explanations: Pi (I didn’t wake up before 9:26 today). I will skip the favorite art part this time cause there will be to much Pi and I don’t want to make all of you hungry ^_^.
4. Favorite book: for this you will be surprised to see that is not a Pi related book (miracleeee!!). But this month I have been reading more like a history book, didn’t expect to like it so it is a first for me. The book is Enigma: The Battle for the Code by Hugh Sebag – Montefiore. It was really fascinating to read about the breaking of Enigma from a historian point of view and to see all the other implications it had in the WWII in general. The book also offers some more technical explanations about breaking the machine and how it worked, so it was great food for my brain ^_^
5. Favorite blogs/pages/people: I hope you are used with this for my month favorites, it is one of the most exciting things of the whole post ^_^ This time I have just some Facebook pages, but they also have blogs and twitter account if you want to see more:
- Mathspiration – they have really nice articles and post with advice from teachers to teachers about mathematics in class. Recently I have signed in for their monthly newsletter (exited to see what is going to be about and I will let you know). Also, they just started so let them know you love maths and like their page if you are interested ^_^
- Math – Update – another page that shares interesting images and articles about mathematics and mathematicians or teachers. What I like about them is that they post articles in different languages (which I would like to do, but I am limited when it comes to this). Share your love and understanding of maths concepts with them, they need to know we understand them and appreciate the work they put into those pages.
Hope you are all well and that the beginning of April was joyful and fun (1st of April ^_^). Don’t forget that I still wait for submissions for Carnival of Mathematics until 8th of April. The post will be live on the 10th of this month. The submissions can be sent to my email email@example.com
Have a great weekend and enjoy the Easter break (for those celebrating now). Happy Easter ^_^ and don’t forget to show everyone that math is everywhere! ^_^
Thank you for your help and support. Thank you for reading. You can find me on Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, Twitter and Instagram, I will try to post there as often as possible. Don’t forget that maths is everywhere! Enjoy!