I believe that most of us have resolutions for 2016 and I find them really natural. Almost every year from 1st January until 5th January I think about what I would like to do in 2016, I go through my Agenda, I schedule things, mark birthdays I shouldn’t forget about and any other important events. Before starting the resolutions, here are some interesting things about the number 2016 you might like:
1. You can write 2016 as a sum of consecutive powers of 2:
2. You can make 2016 with just addition and multiplication using numbers from 1 to 9: (1 x 2 x 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 ) x 8 x 9 = 2016
For me 2016 is an incredibly important year for personal (sentimental reasons), but also for career reasons: I will finish university and get a full time job ^_^. So here are some things I would like to stick for 2016:
1. Blog posts every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. I have decided to do this due to my incredibly busy schedule. Also, in the past 3 months I have tried to write every other day and it was incredibly hard with university, practicals (school teaching) and my job. I was completely missing on personal life. For 2016 I just don’t want to put that much pressure on me. If there will be time and I will have a lot of inspiration I will post more, obviously. I hope you understand my point here.
2. Another blog… After talking with some friends and some of you great people out there that support me so much, I have decided to start another blog… Don’t panic, it doesn’t mean I am changing the topic or doing other strange things ^_^ I decided to make a blog where I will share my teaching experience and all the other interesting mathematical facts, but I will write in Romanian. It will basically mean that some of my English posts will get to be translated in Romanian and adapted to the schooling system there. Don’t panic if you don’t know Romanian because the posts will be available in English too on this blog. I am quite excited for this idea and I will let you know when things will get started ^_^
3. A website… I wish… For a couple of months, I wish I could transform everything into a website where you can access all the projects I am doing on different platforms. I am not good with doing this by myself, so hopefully by the end of this year I will have a website where you could see every single thing that is going on everywhere. I have a couple of ideas on how it should look like and other small details, so hopefully I will start working at it soon ^_^
There are other projects and ideas on the go, but I won’t spoil the surprises just yet. My Diary is packed with scribbles and different ideas. Sometimes, I wish I had time to do everything really, really fast. If you wan to know what type of Diary/notebook I have, here is something incredibly similar (it just has to have square paper ^_^ ): Moleskine Squared Notebook
And, if you are interested in what I type of agendas I use, here is one I love at the moment due to its simple design and small dimension: Weekly Diary – Vintage, A6, Hardcover, Brown
Again, thank you very much for your support and help. I am really lucky to have talked with so many incredible people from all over the world. Love you lots ^_^ Love maths lots ^_^
If you have any suggestions of any type let me know in the comment box bellow. You can find me on Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, Twitter, Instagram, Lettrs and WeHeartIt. I will try to post here as often as possible.
Don’t forget that maths is everywhere! Enjoy! ~LThMath~