December is tomorrow. I think I am more excited about this than I was in a long time. November went extremely slow for me, I had so many stressful things going on and I think you could see that by the posts I have put on this blog (not all of them were incredibly mathematical, but more personal) and I think that I just needed more time for myself, but couldn’t find it. Hopefully December and holiday will bring those moments to me.
On the other side I am happy I have met some incredible people this month, which reminded me why I am doing this and that I should be proud of all the things I have been through. I should just give me more credit for the things I have done, also thank you for everyone that supports and helps we with everything that is Life Through a Mathematician’s Eyes.
I should start the favorites before I go rambling more ^_^
1. Favorite Quote: this quote goes a little beeper into my soul, I was also a more intuitive person and most of my proofs and solutions were not extremely rigorous, but my intuition was never wrong. So, for this month I just loved this quote:
2. Favorite Mathematician: though I haven’t posted as much as I wanted about this, I haven’t missed the birthday of one of my all time favorite person: Benoit B. Mandelbrot. For the mathematician inside me, he has done an incredible work in making the link between maths and nature more palpable:
3. Favorite app: this time I have an app favorite and I have talked about in an early post (Paper Folding). But I have been playing it quite a lot and started to get extremely annoyed when I didn’t find the solution, or used to many hints. But all in all, it is one of my favorite games this month and it has helped me relax more than I thought it would ^_^
4. Favorite art: though my time was limited for searching beautiful, inspiring things, I did found a wonderful artist and some incredible pieces of work. Enjoy the beautiful knots and if you want to read more about them check my post Beautiful Knots.
5. Future events: well, this is not something I have dine before in a favorites, but I wanted to let you know about all the things that will appear on different media platforms in the future:
- Learning to be a Teacher – this is a topic I have started in November and I will be posting more on the following months and hope you find them useful and inspirational (part 1 and part 2).
- History of Mathematics in December – I have decided to write daily history facts on my Facebook page and on Tumblr (with a weekly review on this blog). I have already prepared the posts for the 1st week and I am quite excited to it ^_^
Hope you had a wonderful November and that you are excited for what December will bring on. Thank you for your help and support. You can find me on Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, Twitter,Instagram and Lettrs, I will try to post there as often as possible. Don’t forget that maths is everywhere! Enjoy!