August is over and I cannot believe that my summer holiday just ended with this. I had such a great summer ^_^ I am so glad for everything that happened this month. Most of the month I was home in Romania, as you probably know from my post Going Home – Romania. With this my mathematical side was a little neglected and I am a little sorry for it, but with university starting I will get more organized and hopefully I will post more. With no more explanations, let us start the favorites:
1. Favorite quote: with my new idea for Monday Quote on the Facebook page I get quite a lot of inspiration for this ^_^ Also, recently I have updated my Pinterest board: Quotes and I have found some great ones that I didn’t know. This month, my favorite one is more like a life quote with a little bit of mathematics in it, but it fitted perfect for me this month:
2. Favorite art: summer, sand, sun and sea ^_^ This time I have some interesting sand castles and sculptures as my favorite math-art. They are so beautiful and fragile. They are made by artist Calvin Seibert and I have written a post about them: Sand and Geometry.
3. Favorite clock: this time I don’t have a favorite number, unfortunately I didn’t have the necessary time to write my number facts’ posts. But I have a favorite clock. As you probably know I have a small obsession with clocks/watches that have interesting mathematical facts instead of numbers ( check this for more) and this month I got pretty obsessed with this one (it goes perfect with my hidden passion for set theory):
4. Favorite mathematician: this month there were some great mathematicians I have written about and I got quite excited for writing about them. It is quite hard to choose one for this, but in the end I have to say that my favorite is Gabriel Cramer. He played an important part in my math classes in high-school and I appreciated him since then. I know I have mentioned him a little in the July favorites, but since then I have been reading more about him and I had to do it again ^_^
5. Favorite video/idea: I don’t really know how to classify this: it is a video that presents and idea I totally love. For a long time I was a fan of snooker and from time to time I watched pool, never really played it and I am quite bad at it. When I saw the following video I got extremely excited:
Unfortunately I don’t have anything for my favorite blog/person/page, I didn’t have time to search the Internet or to read things randomly as I normally do. But I will do my best next month. Hope you are having an incredible week. Thank you for your help and support. Thank you for reading. You can find me on Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, Twitter, Instagram and Lettrs, I will try to post there as often as possible. Don’t forget that maths is everywhere! Enjoy!