The begging of June brings the month’s favorite. And also it’s summer, I’m always extremely excited for this month ^_^ This year I’ve decided to do another summer Facebook event: Mathematics and Summer. Also the event is related to the series ‘What a Mathematician should visit’. Here is the event’s description:
Summer is the season when we don’t think much about mathematics. The school is over, even if we are going to our jobs we are planing for our holidays, trips and free time.
So I thought that maybe we can all share our holiday experience and look for just a little mathematics around us: an interesting museum, a flower which presents a nice representation of the Fibonacci sequence, some great geometric buildings, or maybe a great book. Feel free to post as much as you want. And enjoy the summer ^_^
With such a long introduction, I should start the favorites fast ^_^ :
1. Favorite quote: this time, I don’t really have a quote as you are used, but more like an enumeration of algebra applications:
2. Favorite art: this is not completely mathematical. I made it mathematical ^_^ A panda-themed font has been created by WWF Japan to raise awareness and encourage donations for their panda fund-raising campaign. Each character features a stylized panda head, and was designed together with Ogilvy & Mather Japan. I am a big fan of Pandas and I believe that this campaign is quite nice. PANDAS LOVE MATH, so:
3. Favorite number: with my new idea to post about numbers weekly on my Facebook page, this category is a little easy to complete ^_^ (you can read about this in the post April & May Numbers). Thus, my favorite number is ZERO:
4. Favorite mathematician: again I had a couple I could choose from ( read: Mathematicians of April and May ), but I think Milutin Milanković has won my interest this month. The way he wanted to relate mathematics with geography and climate is very interesting, really worth doing more research on his life and work.
5. Favorite blogs/pages/people: this time I won’t mention anyone here and is not because I don’t really want or that I don’t have any this month. It’s just because, due to the nomination for ‘Very Inspiring Blogger Award’ I have already talked about a lot of interesting blogs you could check out in your free time.
Hope you are all well and that the beginning of June is bringing a lot of sun and happiness. For me June is graduation, summer, relaxing, holiday and new math projects.
Thank you for your help and support. Thank you for reading. You can find me on Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, Twitter and Instagram, I will try to post there as often as possible. Don’t forget that maths is everywhere! Enjoy!