I am not the person that normally cooks, I am awful in the kitchen, but I like things that are fast and good. So I thought that maybe you would like to see my grandmother’s quick receipt for some apple cake ^_^
4 medium apples
150g walnuts (grounded)
100g flour (approx)
4 spoons of oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Grease and line a deep 20cm cake tin with baking parchment. We have used a round one, but any other shape is fine.
- Separate the eggs and mix the egg-white with the sugar until they have a thick consistency (I have used the mixer at medium speed for approx 5-6 minutes).
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples also ground the walnuts (if they are not already). Take a wooden spoon and and mix gently the egg yolks and also pour the walnuts and add the apple slices gradually until they are nicely mixed. Also add the teaspoons of cinnamon, baking powder and the oil. The consistency will be like a light cream.
- One of the most important parts is adding the flour. I have put 100g of flour, but you might need more or less depending on how consisted your mixture is. In the end it doesn’t have to be very thick and easily to pour, but not to liquid.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes and then carefully turn out onto a wire rack to cool further. You can serve it still warm with a little custard or custard, but we like it cold with sugar on top.
Hope you enjoyed this post and found it a little bit useful. Let me know what is your favorite cake for X-mas or what do you like to eat in general.