Finally is full holiday for me, exams are finished and results are up. So refreshing and I am happy that all my hard works was worth it (so far). For this summer I have some events I would like to share with you.
- Street Numbers is an event created by me on Facebook. First of all I am very sorry that this runs only on Facebook, but if you would like it to run on other sites or apps let me know in the comment box bellow and I will do my best. This event will run all the summer (from 12 June to 12 September). I am pretty sure that most of you are going to different cities/towns or even countries this summer, and I was thinking that we all can share some fun math activity. Let us all make photos of numbers we see on the street, I am pretty sure that you could find numbers everywhere around you… Just need to open your eyes. After this you can post the photos on the event’s page and we can all discuss the importance of numbers to our society… So far we have some lovely photos from Aberdeen, Scotland; Rome, Italy; and Madrid, Segovia, Toledo Spain. We are waiting for more, so check it out. I made a short movie with the photos from Aberdeen:
- I am partipicating in a Mathematical Project Week in Stuttgart from 30.06 to 4.07. And the programme is really nice and I am very excited for it. It is a colaboration between University of Aberdeen (Scotland) and University of Applied Science (Hochschule für Technik, short: HFT) in Stuttgart/Germany. I will share with you the ‘time-table’ :
- Monday (30.06) – introduction into HFT’s department of mathematics + problem solving session + guided tour of the city;
- Tuesday: lecture and mini-project on industrial mathematics (algorithm geometry and applications) + visit to the automotive company Daimler
- Wednesday: lecture and mini-project on optimization and applications;
- Thursday: lecture and mini-project on mathematics of finance and insurance + presentation by an insurance company (Allianz)
- Friday: presentation by the HFT’s computer science department + lecture and mini-project on mathematical cryptography.
I don’t promise that I will write on the same day the projects take place, but you will surrely see posts about everything. I will try to share also as many photos as possible, but bare with me because this is the first time I am doing this kind of posts and they might not be that great. Any advice is welcomed, use the comment box bellow as much as you want. Also if there is something in special that you would like me to see in Stuttgart, let me know and I will try to squeeze it somewhere.
Don’t forget to check the Facebook event Street Numbers. Any feedback is appreciated so use the like and share buttons and also comment below with your opinion.
Check my Facebook page, my Tumblr, my just started Google+ page and also my new Twitter (I am really new to the last 2 things, so bare with me if you can see stupid mistakes there) and Instagram. Thank you for reading and enjoy your day.