Today, 20th March, is the international happiness day and I thought to share with you some of the things that make me happy when it comes to mathematics.
- reading any history of math makes me feel wonderful thinking that what I am studying now is the result of years of studying, years of research and a lot of brilliant minds;
- every time I finish a hard exercise ( especially the ones that take days to find the right proof or answer);
- explaining something to a classmate;
- explaining to children (every time I see their face when they understand something makes me feel wonderful, especially the small ones (7-10 years));
- learning some new math trick (such as a new way of doing multiplication);
- learning the way some card tricks are made ( I was never good enough at doing them, but I feel excited when I discover the math part that is under those tricks);
- watching math related animations of movies (such as Donald in Mathmagic Land or A Beautiful Mind or Numb3rs);
- I was feeling happy after I decided what I want to do after I finish my Bachelor Degree (applying to some masters: taught master and research masters at University of Aberdeen);
- preparing my volunteer activities as a teacher assistant and as a mentor;
- reading math quotes;
- seeing the beauty of math in nature;
- doing fun math activities just as DIYs or any other crafting things.
Lots of love and don’t forget that maths is everywhere! Enjoy!