Today, 20th March, is the international happiness day and I thought to share with you some of the things that make me happy when it comes to mathematics.
- reading any history of math makes me feel wonderful thinking that what I am studying now is the result of years of studying, years of research and a lot of brilliant minds;
- every time I finish a hard exercise ( especially the ones that take days to find the right proof or answer);
- explaining something to a classmate;
- explaining to children (every time I see their face when they understand something makes me feel wonderful, especially the small ones (7-10 years));
- learning some new math trick (such as a new way of doing multiplication);
- learning the way some card tricks are made ( I was never good enough at doing them, but I feel excited when I discover the math part that is under those tricks);
- watching math related animations of movies (such as Donald in Mathmagic Land or A Beautiful Mind or Numb3rs);
- I was feeling happy after I decided what I want to do after I finish my Bachelor Degree (applying to some masters: taught master and research masters at University of Aberdeen);
- preparing my volunteer activities as a teacher assistant and as a mentor;
- reading math quotes;
- seeing the beauty of math in nature;
- doing fun math activities just as DIYs or any other crafting things.
Enjoy and let me know what are the things that make you happy. Check my Facebook page, my Tumblr, my just started Google+ page and also my new Twitter (I am really new to the last 2 things, so bare with me if you can see stupid mistakes there) and Instagram.